This is your PTK Chapter President Veronica. I hope you have had a great start to your quarter. PTK had an awesome first meeting – here are some of the highlights:
- We have been hearing a lot from active chapter members who are eager to volunteer and enrich the community. If this sounds like you, there are many opportunities available (like doing Reading Time with middle school students at local schools) and upcoming (we're working on a collaboration with English faculty that would bring enthusiastic English speakers into ESL classrooms to help ESL students to help them gain invaluable conversational skills). For more information on how you can help please contact our chapter advisor Michaelann.Allen@seattlecolleges.edu).
- Its scholarship season and we are here to help you be the most competitive applicant! To give you the resources you need to succeed we are hosting five scholarship info/help sessions between October and November. Bring writing materials, questions, and personal statements/applications-in-progress and get help from former scholarship recipients and faculty! Feel free to attend as many or as few of these sessions as you want; the material covered will be dependent on audience needs.
- Tuesday October 9th 2:30: 3:30 in CC1439A Baxter Events Center
- Saturday October 13th 1: 2:00 in HS 1637A Student Learning Center Conference Room
- Wednesday October 17th 2:30: 3:30 in HS 1637A Student Learning Center Conference Room
- Tuesday October 30th 2:30: 3:30 in CC1439 Baxter Events Center
- Wednesday November 7th 2:30: 3:30 in HS 1637A Student Learning Center Conference Room
- Chapter meetings this quarter are on Tuesdays 2:30-3:30 in CC1439A Baxter Events Center! Anyone can attend and get involved!
- Chapter President Veronica attended Phi Theta Kappa's Honors Institute 2018, and she will share the knowledge and material covered in a series of announcements this quarter. Keep an eye on our Canvas announcements!