This is a new exciting board created for the 2019-20 school year!
As any new board, significant time and effort will go into developing a board mission, goals, and strategies for reaching board goals. Students on this board will improve their initiative, curiosity, and teamwork skills in addition to gaining and sharing knowledge about social identities and power structures in the U.S.
Here is a tentative list of responsibilities that will serve as a starting point for the new Equity Board:
- • Help run Equity Center
- • Organize educational events
- • Recruit participants for the Students of Color and Queer I Am conferences
- • Continually learn about equity, diversity and inclusion
- • Help students find resources on and off campus, serve as peer navigators
- • Organize and lead Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) workshops and trainings for campus community